Aries Jimenez shares his best Frugal Living Tips with Scratch Wireless this week.
Aries Jimenez is a Personal Finance Expert, a Registered Assistant Wealth Manager and Director of Business Development at San Diego Wealth Management. Aries has a Series 7 Registration, Series 66 Registration, CA Life Health Property and Casualty Insurance Licenses as well as a CA Real Estate License. He has worked in the Financial Services industry since 2005.
My top frugal living tips fall into three main categories and they are…
– Pay as much as possible in cash
– Create a list of cheap activities to do on the weekends (Drive-in movies; picnic at the park)
– Avoid eating out and plan your meals in advance
– Set up your savings automatically (Pay yourself first)
– Create a separate savings account for each goal (ex. Emergency savings, travel, house down payment)
– Create a standard weekly groceries list
– Have a weekly budget based on paying things in cash (helps control spending)
– Canceling cable is a big expense (It’s a want, not a need)